5 Great Names. 1 Great Concept.
Our mission is to be America’s leading small town and neighborhood retailer dedicated to delivering desirable brand name family apparel with exceptional value and service!
- Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, Texas
- Buying Offices located in Houston, Texas and New York, New York.
- Appoximately 900 stores in 40 states across the US
- Average store size is 18,100 selling square feet
- Fiscal Year 2012 sales of $1.6 Billion
- Approximately 14,500 employees
- Opened 29 new stores in 2013
- 1920s—Palais Royal and Bealls are founded as Family Owned Businesses.
- 1988 - Three Bealls Brothers merged with Palais Royal to form Specialty Retailers Inc.(SRI), a private company based in Houston.
- 1992 - SRI acquired 76 store retail chain Fashion Bar of Denver, whose stores included a Juniors’ chain called Stage.
- 1994 - 45 Beall-Ladymon stores were acquired and the names were changed to Stage.
- 1996 - SRI acquired 34 Uhlman’s stores in Indiana, Ohio and Michigan.
- 1996 - The company went public under the name of Stage Stores, Inc.
- 1997 - Stage Stores purchased 246 store chain C.R. Anthony Company located in the South Central US and reopened under the Bealls and Stage logos.
- 2001 - Stage Stores is reorganized.
- 2003 - Stage Stores acquired Peebles, Inc. which operated 136 stores in 17 states, maintaining the Peebles name and administrative office in South Hill, Virginia.
- 2004 - Stage Stores exceeded $1.0 Billion in sales volume.
- 2006 - Stage Stores acquired the BC Moore chain of 78 locations in 4 states. Sixty-nine of these stores were reopened under the Peebles name and the remaining nine stores were closed.
- 2009 - Stage purchased the Goody’s name through the Goody's bankruptcy auction. The Company began using the Goody's name in select markets in which there is strong customer awareness and recognition of the name.
- 2010 - Stage Stores launched its eCommerce website.
- 2011 - Stage Stores launched Steele's, its off-price concept.
- 2012 - Stage Stores launched its new private label credit card loyalty program with enhanced cardholder benefits; launch was accompanied by reissue of over 2 million credit cards.
- 2013 - Stage Stores consolidates its South Hill administrative office into its Houston headquarters.
- 2013 - Stage Stores replatforms its eCommerce website with enhanced functionality; site goes live in time for holiday shopping period.
10201 Main Street Houston, Texas 77025 1-800-324-3244